Terms and Conditions of Warranty
Qualifications for Warranty Service
1. The Customer must register their warranty within one month of purchase by completing the
online warranty card at www.mearth.com.au.
2. The Customer must keep their original invoice of purchase or receipt and present this when
making any warranty claim. Failure to do so will render the warranty void.
3. The warranty is limited to the original Customer only and is not transferable to any
4. The warranty is conditional upon the presentation of the Retailer’s purchase invoice.
5. The warranty claim must be approved by Mearth and/or Partner Retailer at their discretion
before any repairs are done.
6. The Customer agrees and is aware that the product must be repaired solely by Mearth or an
approved Retailer. Any repair that will be carried out by third-party services will cancel the
warranty unless authorised.
7. Mearth provides the following warranty period and services:
a. 2 years of warranty from the date of purchase for the frame of any electric scooter model
b. 1 year of warranty from the date of purchase for the motor, battery, main body, and
controller of any electric scooter model from Mearth
8. Repair within 30 days is covered under Mearth’s warranty. Repair fees apply after 30 days of
purchase except for the frame, motor, and battery.
Limitations of Liability
9. Mearth’s warranty does not cover:
a. Repair and replacement of tires and inner tubes.
b. Conditions, malfunctions, or damages caused by or as a result of:
i. the Customer’s incorrect usage, maintenance, or adjustment.
ii. the time the Customer is under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other
iii. contact with water or humidity.
iv. water damage. The electric scooters are not waterproof.
v. the Customer self-modifying, decomposing, or destroying the parts without prior
authority from Mearth.
vi. the use of non-original parts or unauthorised circuit and configuration change.
c. The use of components or parts not supplied by Mearth.
d. Fractures or raptures of loss of plastic parts inclusive of the choke, charging port,
handlebar switches, and plastic flaps.
e. Any utilisation intended for commercial needs, rentals, competitions, and freights towing.
f. Conditions, malfunctions, or damages caused to the battery by external shorts, inclusive
of the charging system.
g. Conditions, malfunctions, or damages to the product or battery that has been left
uncharged for more than 30 consecutive days. It must be stored fully charged and
recharged every month. Otherwise, it may not be able to take charge.
h. Bending of the aluminium parts, inclusive of the fork and the folding mechanism due to
unreasonable use (e.g. exerting power on the handlebars, bumping into barriers or
obstacles including walls or sidewalks).
10. Misuse of the product will void the warranty.
11. If the product has been repaired or replaced by the Retailer, Seller or Manufacturer, the
repaired or replaced product will be covered by this warranty for the remainder of the warranty
period or as long as a limited additional warranty period has been provided, on the same terms
12. The warranty and liability of the Seller and Retailer are limited in any case to repairing
and/or replacing the product under the guidelines detailed in this warranty. Under no
circumstances will the Seller or Retailer be obliged to provide compensation for bodily injuries,
property damages, losses, hindrance of profits, prevention of use, or any other damage that will
be caused directly or indirectly as a result of usage of the product.
13. Speed limits, power, and use of the product is the responsibility of the Customer. The
Customer is solely responsible for ascertaining and adhering to all local laws regulating the use
of the product.
14. The battery warranty is provided for the warranty period according to an expected annual
deterioration rate of 25%. Replacement batteries can be purchased.
15. The Customer acknowledges that they are aware that the battery capacity may reduce to
80-95% after one year and 55-80% after two years.
16. In case of a substantial deviation from this deterioration rate over time, Mearth will repair or
replace the battery’s core, provided that the battery was used according to all the terms and
conditions specified in the warranty, and certifying that the battery was not exposed to a
17. When depositing a battery for inspection, the handling time is up to 40 days. No alternative
battery is provided while the battery is deposited, even within the warranty period.
Factors that Accelerate Battery Deterioration
18. Overloading. The electric scooter is limited to one rider only.
19. Moisture or humidity conditions. This includes staying close to the sea over time and other
conditions that will cause damage to the battery and electrical system.
20. High-temperature conditions. This includes locking the battery in a car under excessive
21. Storing the battery without charging or discharging for more than 30 days. It is highly
recommended to charge the battery after every use. There is no need to discharge the battery
before charging. It is recommended to wait for 30 minutes after using the product before
charging the battery.
Instructions on Safe Battery Use and Charging
22. The Customer should ensure product maintenance to avoid any deterioration to the electric
system resulting in excess battery drainage. Product maintenance by the Customer includes
checking on the product’s:
a. Air pressure
b. Wheel alignment and balancing
c. Braking system
23. There is no need to discharge the battery before charging it.
24. It is recommended to connect the charger to the electrical grid through an electric current
stabiliser or a lightning protection product. Otherwise, it is recommended to disconnect the
charger from the wall socket after every use. Damage inflicted to the charger due to current
fluctuations in the electrical grid is not covered in the warranty.
25. The charger must be placed on non-flammable surfaces at a safe distance from flammable
materials such as a mattress, rug, curtain, etc.
26. Charging the battery must be carried out under supervision in a ventilated location, such as
a terrace. It is forbidden to charge the battery in bedrooms.
27. It is forbidden to store batteries under high-temperature conditions, and it is prohibited to
leave a battery within a parked car under the sun.
28. In the event of strange smells and odours, unusual noises, shorts, the flickering of the
indicator light, or exposure to moisture, it is forbidden to use the charger. It is mandatory to send
the product immediately to Mearth or the Retailer to examine and/or replace the battery.
29. When not in use, it is mandatory to charge or discharge the battery at least once a month. A
battery that does not undergo a charge or discharge process deteriorates rapidly and gains
damage within several months.
30. Discharge the battery by running it from full to one bar and then stopping use and placing
the battery on charge until FULL or at least 4 hours on a consistent charge.
31. It is forbidden to use a third-party or non-genuine charger, which has not undergone
Mearth’s approval process. Use of a third-party or non-genuine charger will result in the
warranty being void.
32. Using a charger that does not suit the battery may result in a large fire or disaster.
33. In the event of a burning battery, the fire must be subdued using sand. It is forbidden to
extinguish a burning battery with water.
34. No warranty is provided for damage inflicted on the charger.
35. In the event of damage inflicted during the warranty period, a deductible will be applied to
Refund and Return Policy
36. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash.
37. Product returns will be eligible provided that:
a. The Customer returns the product within 30 days from purchase.
b. The Customer presents an order number or proof of purchase.
c. The product is still in its original packaging and condition complete with all accessories.
38. If the product is unused and the package is unopened, the Customer is subject to a 30%
restocking fee and shipping fees.
39. If the product is used or the package is opened, the Customer is subject to shipping fees
and a rental fee of $70 per week starting from the receive date as confirmed by the courier until
the date that the issue was reported. However, if the total rental fee is below the 30% restocking
fee, the Customer will pay the restocking fee instead.
40. The product cannot be returned if:
a. The product was personalized or made to the Customer’s specifications.
b. The nature of the product is not suitable to be returned.
c. The product is not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and
was unsealed after delivery.
d. The product, according to its nature, has been mixed with other items after delivery.
41. Returns after 30 days from purchase will fall under the refund requests.
42. As per the Australian Consumer Law, the Seller has the right to refuse refund requests due
to minor issues. The seller may offer repair or replacement instead.
43. Change-of-mind returns after 30 days can be declined by the Seller.
44. Refund requests due to major issues can be accepted provided conditions of returns above
45. Mearth reserves the right and discretion to refuse returns of any product that does not meet
the conditions above. This may result in a repair, replacement, or exchange being refused.
46. The Customer agrees to the policies regarding the refund and return of the product as well
as covering the required fees.